Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Without a Car - Day 2

I survived Day 2 of not using my car.

Last night I took the Purple line to Waltham so that I could vote in the morning. In the morning I realized that I had to find a way to work without using my car. I thought of 3 options: (option 1) Take the Purple Line from Brandeis to Porter Square (20 minutes), then the Red Line to Alewife (15 minutes), then the Bus from Alewife to Lexington (45 minutes) for a total of 1.75 hours according to Google and taking into account the time standing around for the public transportation, (option 2) walk from Brandeis to Lexington for a total of 2.75 hours according to Google, or (option 3) carpool with my Dad down 95 for a total of 20 minutes. I took the road more traveled with option 3.


Following my work day I took the Bus from Lexington back to Alewife in Cambridge. The walk back to Huron Village took 20 minutes and I was able to snap a photo of typical traffic that I am usually stuck in.

No comments: